In this blog our expert team has come up with a very basic guideline on how to promote your eBay store from a beginner’s point of view. Instead of writing this interesting guide we have composed it in a checklist format so that you can read & revise it whenever you need.
The key to success on eBay is to provide your buyers a comfortable & easy shopping store so that they visit you again & again. As part to comfort your buyers you need to monitor what they do & when they visit your store.
Are they frequently using the contact form or social media links posted on your store homepage? Hence to sum up these things we have provided a frequent checklist of all these factors. What to do & what not to? Read below.
Being a newbie try & gain some experience about buying on eBay before selling
- Be a buyer before being a seller
- Do research work about other seller’s eBay store
- Get eBay account to start an online business
- Strategize your budget for inventory, marketing, store design etc.
- Ask experts help for a beautiful design
- Do not go with an inexperienced designer, they will just spoil it
- Avoid using FREE store & eBay listing templates, they are waste of time
- Go for a ready to use template design: They save time & cost!
- Mobile optimization is must because mobile shoppers are increasing over time
- Engage more buyers with a responsive eBay template
- They are advanced, easy to use & friendly with premium search engines
- An optimized shop design will help you sell more, so go for it
- Loading time is crucial & the design must follow this very seriously
- Use google’s Pagespeed insight to test loading speed of your store pages
- Optimize product images so that they can load fast
- Use HD product images to ease buyer’s retina scan
- Tag your name, address & contact details in local directory
- Local listing is must to locate your where about
- All your contact details must be consistent online
- Use keywords in title tags & description of your product contents
- Be brief do not over exaggerate product content
- Focus more on readability of your store contents & less on style
- Use 2 or 3 font variations while scripting texts for store
- Content should be easy to consume by audience
- Engage buyers with visual contents they perform well online
- Integrate product videos in store design
- Product demonstration videos give more leads & sales
- Mobile shoppers like to watch videos on their device compared to a desktop or laptop
- Social media content must be creative keeping the mobile audience in center
- Integrate trusted social media apps on store pages to facilitate buyers
- Keep the overall design of your store & listings simple yet attractive
- Schedule a timely check of your contact details
- If they change notify your buyers about the same
- You are a fresher & remember that. Hence do not give FREE shipping instantly
- Keep your product price low to attract buyers
- FREE is a magic word hence use it wisely
- Maintain your inventory in a healthy method
- Do not rent a big warehouse for storage purpose
- Start with your home, garage or backyard
- Use quality packaging material to ensure safe delivery of buyer’s order
- Update your listings regularly
- Refund buyers with a smile, do not argue with them
- You are likely to gain some experience with return & refunds
- Be aware of phishing buyers, they will somehow give you negative feedbacks
- Report the intentional negative feedbacks, vulgar or abusive comments to eBay
- eBay has an in-house investigation team to protect seller’s interest
- Ask for positive feedbacks after selling to a buyer. It’s not offensive!
The list continues with a lot more things like these. Hence, if you are planning to open up an eBay store then our experts are the best persons to help you with it.
They will guide you the process of setting up an eBay store, marketing, sales & much more.